[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 23 18:39:33 CEST 2010

Wayne Sallee <Wayne at waynesallee.com> schrieb am 2010-10-23
> It gives a second desktop to fall back on,
This is, why LXDE is installed as a fallback!

> and guarantees all
> dependencies for KDE or GNOME aps,
This is, why we use a package management which does resolve the dependencies
on its own.

> and gives the newbe the ease of switching to the other desktop until
> they decide which one they like.
Please don't get me wrong. I have nothing against newbies. I'm doing my best
in helping them in the German Mandriva community forum.
But bloating a system unneccessarily is not a good idea. I don't think we
should focus on newbies alone. This way we will loose experienced users...

Oliver