[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions

Kira elegant.pegasus at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 06:12:51 CEST 2010

在 Mon, 25 Oct 2010 11:59:25 +0800, Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com>寫道:
> I think that it is pretty clear that packagers don't really want to deal
> with updating description, but the users would like to have updated
> descriptions. So, what if there was a group of users in charge of
> updating the package descriptions/translations where needed? Would this
> work?
The problem is that currently if we want to translate the description, then

we have to modify the SPEC of the RPM, which can only be done with
packager.

Like the previous messages, we have 2 methods to choose:

1 .po files for 1 package

	or

1 .po files for multiple packages

The first one would cause many .po files to maintain, while the other

cause the maintainence hard( too complicate).
====
I think maybe a more aggresive way is better:

Make the detailed description available only for programs, not packages.

Currently the RPMDRAKE is packages based, which is hard for newbies to find

programs they need and the amount of the description need to maintain also
scares

everyone off.

  The "Programs with GUI" option is the first step, but I think we should
step further,

let people install programs, not packages. Therefore, we can ease both the
difficulty

of maintain descriptions and installation harsh.