[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions for the ISO

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Sat Oct 30 07:46:53 CEST 2010

Marc Paré a écrit :

> Le 2010-10-29 15:35, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
>> 2010/10/29 andre999<andr55 at laposte.net>:
>>> In other words, nothing focused on bandwidth-restricted users.
>>> Unless, of course, they get the DVD (or CD) without downloading it
>>> themselves.
>>> Which brings to mind the idea of shipping or otherwise distributing
>>> ready-written DVDs and live CDs.  And why not a live DVD ?
>>
>> That's what the communities have been doing all the time. Example: the
>> German community has an offer for such people to ask for a dvd,
>> somebody will burn the dvd and send it to him via snail mail and he
>> will pay (voluntarily) 5 Euros as donation to the community. As I
>> learned, a similar offer is on in other communites as well. No problem
>> to continue this way, /me thinks.
Excellent.  Including the volontary contribution part.
It would be really nice to offer live DVDs.

> Thanks for this explanation Wobo. Unfortunately, here in Canada there
> doesn't seem to be much community activity. It sounds like it would be
> worth our while then.
>
> I am just wondering if this is the same in the US?
>
> Marc

Salut Marc
Why don't we start up a Canadian community to do this, among other things.
And I can do local promotion in the Montreal area, and you southern
Ontario / Toronto ?
And maybe we can find someone out west ?
(Mailing DVDs would be less expensive locally.)

For the donation part, would we have to set up some sort of formal
organization (here in Canada, maybe provincially) ?

Maybe we should contact some US Mandriva mirrors to see if someone would
be interested in doing that there ?

- André