[Mageia-discuss] [OT] KDE 4.5.2 for Mandrive

Juan Luis Baptiste juan.baptiste at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 01:50:00 CET 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 9:50 PM, Balcaen John <balcaen.john at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le samedi 30 octobre 2010 23:29:18, rom1dep a écrit :
> So for the moment i'm quite happy with this set up
> Users can install kde 4.5.2 from kde's ftp & add my ftp (or MIB's mirror since
> MIB is mirroring kde4.5.2 from my ftp) to get « updates ».

I'm having the following issues on x86_64 that maybe someone else have
noticed too:

* I lost my plasdma activities: before I had three of them, now
right-clicking on the desktop and selecting "Activities..." shows an
empty widget, there's not even present the current worspace currently
on use.
* The kmixer and klipper systray icons are changed for the old pre-4.5
ones after a couple of seconds of showing up on the system tray. I
mean, I log in into KDE and I see the gray kmixer and klipper icons
from KDE 4.5.x, but after a second or two, both disappear and then
appear the old icons that those apps used on KDE prior to 4.5.
* Scrolling over kmixer to change volume doesn't show the volume level
popup, but It does change volume.
* Kopete doesn't change it's icon to the spinning one when a message
is received, so the only way to know that you received a message is to
hear the notification. When you click kopete's icon, it's main window
will maximize and you will see the new message icon over the contact's
that send it.

This only happened on x86_64, on my laptop with i586 none of those
issues happened. I'll change my repos to MIB ones and see if there's
any update that fixes this issues.

--
Juancho