[Mageia-discuss] ISO 0 specification

Cazzaniga-Sandro cazzaniga.sandro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 09:32:45 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 09:20:16AM +0100, Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> I read the full meeting logs from 25/10, and i noticed tmb saying:
>
> "pretty much a cooker snapshot"
>

> I donno how far you're going to take this; but i thought we would be getting a
> new version out ASAP.
>
> in my understanding, we would get a 2010.1 snapshot and use it to build the
> first ISO.
>
> and use the cooker snapshot to get a cauldron.
>
> imo the cooker is sooo unstable and broken, we will not be able to get a
> working ISO from it, that is more or less stable in this timeframe.
>
> eg:
>  * KDE
>  * glib
>  * perl
>  * python
>  * RPM
>  * ...
>

> most of these will get fixed, in time; but what about ALL the packages
> depending on that? most of the packages aren't even maintained...
>
> personally, i'm against using cooker to make a stable ISO 0.
>
> rebranding a 2010.1 will be lots more stable; and maintime we will have the
> time to make cauldron (from cooker) into something good, so we will be able to
> make a release based on cauldron on the 18th of september.
>
> WDYT?

I think that in cooker, there's many bug from 2010.1 that are solved. Software's versions are more recent too, maybe more stable.
There are bugfixes in cooker too. We can stabilize cooker a little bit more and it will make a prety Cauldron :)
--
Sandro Cazzaniga
Bashburn hacker (http://bashburn.dose.se/)