[Mageia-discuss] ISO 0 specification
maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 12:04:54 CET 2010
Op dinsdag 02 november 2010 10:56:52 schreef Wolfgang Bornath:
> 2010/11/2 Maarten Vanraes <maarten.vanraes at gmail.com>:
> > but not an ISO_0 in december. (imo, it will not be pretty at all)
> If you read the roadmap carefully you will see that the ISO planned
> for December is an Alpha 1, then there will be an Alpha 2 in January
> and the first Final Release of Mageia will be in March 2011.
last meeting i read agreed on april
> Nobody is talking about anything stable in December.
i did notice that; but imo; it has to be at least a bit stable in December,
because we still have all the contrib packages to go through...
i still propose we get the 2010.1 into the ISO_0 and for the next release go
do from cauldron.
don't forget there's also the whole /soft tree that still needs to be decided
what to do...
are we going to do urpm/rpm ourselves or are we going to let mandriva handle
imo, there's way too much to be done to have anything stable; and if we go
this route, i can predict that our release will not be stable enough.
i really want to have a stable release which i will not be ashamed of.
we don't have much people working fulltime on this; and just having a 2010.1
with updates rebranded will be alot better. that way we can focus on upgrading
from several mandriva's without issues. and handle all the major changes that
are being pushed in to cooker to work fine in the next release.
i also forgot that:
our new packagers still need to be taught how to package etc...
there is way too much to be done. if we go down this route, our first release
might as well be september 18th...
this is all my opinion, but tbh, i'm getting panicked if i hear this.
realistically, it's just not feasable to have something stable in april that
will upgrade completely fine from mandriva. (even if it's from older releases).
More information about the Mageia-discuss