[Mageia-discuss] Introducing mageia-app-db

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Thu Nov 4 09:58:55 CET 2010

Le jeudi 4 novembre 2010 09:01:33, Daniel Le Berre a écrit :
> I noticed that web site a few days ago:
> http://apps.mandriva.org.pl/en/category/gnome
>

> It looks like it offers an "app store" like approach to package
> management for Mandriva.
>
> The current features are not much different from the current package
> manager, but it could be a good starting point for your project IMHO.

Thanks for the link, I didn't know about this project. There are interesting ideas there, from the presentation point of view.  However from what I see it will be easier for me to start from scratch (we already began) than reusing something else. This is no NIH syndrome, rather the need to have total control on the database schema and the code in order to be able to implement the features we want.

(In fact we're not totally starting from scratch, because we're trying to join efforts with the sophie project)

Regards

Samuel Verschelde