[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions for the ISO

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Nov 4 13:24:21 CET 2010

Le jeudi 04 novembre 2010 à 21:01 +1300, John a écrit :
> On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 05:18:48 +0100
> Kristoffer Grundström wrote:
>
> > Well, could we have two kinds of installers to boot?
> >
> > If you want nice effects and such you check a box & if not you just
> > click next.
> >
> > Both sides then gets their way done.
>
> Why two installers or install methods?
>
> To me, it seems to be waste of resources we could be using elsewhere. Yes
> I know it's all about choice(s) but at this level?

+1

and no, it is not all about choice, it is about about software freedom.
Choice is just a consequence, it mean the user have the choice to fork
and change the software, not that the developpers are _forced_ to offer
choices or anything besides the freedom of changing the source code.

More ever, the effect that we can see in the video are IMHO not the
effect of Windows 7 ( ie the spinning cube ). Microsoft would not add
useless effect at random place like this.

--
Michael Scherer