[Mageia-discuss] [OT] KDE 4.5.2 for Mandrive

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 14:44:02 CET 2010

2010/11/7 Maurice Batey <maurice at bcs.org.uk>:
> On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 08:25:53 -0400, Doug Lytle wrote:
>
>> I added ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/4.5.2/Mandriva/2010.1/i586 to
>> my mirrors list
>
>   So did I, and all went well with the install of 4.5.2.
>
>  Just one question: Is that mirrors list entry a one-off entry, i.e.
> should be removed as soon as 4.5.2 has been installed?
>
> If so, how do we get updates to 4.5.2?!

Well, that comes "as is", no updates are promised as this is an
unofficial repo the packages aren't built on the mdv Buildsystem; so
the packager builds it on his own machine (or asks a friend to build
one arch and he builds the other... etc).

You should leave it enabled, sometimes when you want to install more
packages some stuff will be downloaded from there. Note that
ftp.kde.org doesn't keep the mirror there indefinitely, at some point
(e.g. when a new stable kde version is out) they delete the old ones,
to save space.. etc.

--
Ahmad Samir