[Mageia-discuss] Kernel handling

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 22:28:43 CET 2010

Op dinsdag 09 november 2010 11:37:12 schreef Egon Ashrafinia:
[...]
> Thats may be correct, I dont know I never used the "free" one. The problem
> is that people with light DSL ( like I do ) cant get the "Free" version of
> Mandriva ( Mageia ) and the only option is to DL the One Iso. Thats also
> what I think of. Most people get the One Iso because it is:
>
> 1. A smart Iso, fits on a CD.
> 2. Has all componens Out of the Box ( driver and stuff like that )
> 3. Only ~700MB to download and not 2-3GB ;)
[...]

I always used the dual arch Free CD to install and i'm pretty sure that's what
people use. so that's ~350MB for each arch... and everything works just as
well.

we could have our liveCD detect the arch and download the i686 kernel package
and install those, if the livecd is being installed.