[Mageia-discuss] Logo proposals discussion

Dale Huckeby spock at evansville.net
Fri Nov 19 16:57:35 CET 2010

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010, Thorsten van Lil wrote:

> [...]

I don't think they're actually barred. I think a number of people just thought it wouldn't be a good idea if we want
to differentiate ourselves from Mandriva, which I think we do. That's why I wouldn't vote for that one.

> My favorites are:
> 1. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ofaurax/5127775007/
> 2. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ueros/5099707080/
> 3. http://www.flickr.com/photos/54167983@N08/5038318001/
> 4. http://www.flickr.com/photos/tigger-gg/5027064477/

I don't like the other three but I like no. 3. It would look even better, in my opinion, if the encircling ribbon
was less visually overpowering, framing rather than dominating the central sphere. Also, and this is true of many
of the submissions, the lettering tries too hard to be original at the expense of legibility and attractiveness.
Any number of more or less standard fonts would be better. (I like Cheltenham myself.) It's the logo itself that
needs to stand out and be distinctive. "Mageia" isn't the logo.

Dale Huckeby