[Mageia-discuss] Logo proposals discussion

Hoyt Duff hoytduff at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 07:33:10 CET 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 11:20 PM, andre999 <andr55 at laposte.net> wrote:
>> Hoyt Duff a écrit :
>>
>> As an aside, I don't care for the "Tux" logo either for the same
>> reason, but if you had to go with that style, I prefer something with
>> an edge.
>>
>> http://www.decalsusa.com/images/badtz%20maru%20colors.GIF
>>
>> (off-topic, but I'm in an off-topic-ish mood).
>>

> Hope you're not suggesting that for Mageia ...
> But it certainly does have an "edge" :)

I believe Badzt Maru would make an excellent icon/mascot for a Linux
distro. His name means "wrong-correct" or X-O, an excellent choice for
the type of discussions we've had on these lists.

However, Badtz is  a copyrighted and licensed character of Sanrio.
Perhaps they would grant a free license to a non-profit community
organisation, and it wouldn't hurt to ask, but probably not viable.
Copyright conflict is a Mandriva legacy Mageia could do without. 8)

Here's a Wikipedia entry for the curious:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sanrio_character

--
Hoyt