[Mageia-discuss] Mandriva is switching to rpm5, and other news

Morgan Leijström fri at tribun.eu
Thu Dec 2 23:09:14 CET 2010

ADDING to what i just wrote:
> A week or so old news but I saw it now...
>
> <http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2011.0_specs_proposal#Swith_to_rpm5>
> <http://ostatic.com/blog/whats-coming-in-mandriva-2011>
> <http://proyvind.net/wordpress/?p=71>
>
> Citing proyvind from last link:
> "...I think we will end up being able to be the awesome alternative in the
> forked world, hoping for interest of other distros, actively inviting their
> participation and offering to help merge,..."

- i forgot to paste the best part:

"I’m curious about what stance Mageia will take on this though, I’m certainly
hoping they will adopt our work and allow for us to help them and contribute
back and forth, if not I fear they’ll miss out on several changes in just
perl-URPM done recently during rpm5 rewrite, and even more so those planned
when rpm5 upgrade situtation settles.."