[Mageia-discuss] Habemus logo

Hoyt Duff hoytduff at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 19:20:13 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> founding member vote closed past evening, we have a logo:
> http://blog.mageia.org/?p=289

No surprise since it was one of the few to adhere to the published
guidelines. Nice choice.

And I'll re-state my previous comments for the post-mortem.

Since there were published guidelines and the guidelines were
important and a community effort will attract many skilled people who
are not familiar with "the way things are done", there should have
been a more assertive effort to remediate their submissions earlier in
the process.  In this way, more people learn "the way things are done"
and more ideas are available to consider and, ultimately, a better
educated community is better for all of us.

--
Hoyt