[Mageia-discuss] Habemus logo

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 12:16:00 CET 2010

On 9 December 2010 21:37, José Alberto Valle Cid <j.alberto.vc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Part of this comment
> (http://blog.mageia.org/?p=289&cpage=1#comment-442) resume very well
> for me some of the reactions (included mine)
>
> <cite>
> Love the active contributors, as software developer I understand their
> effort, so I would not blame anyone making Mageia possible except that
> "I expected to be more open than this" – with the note that anarchy is
> not an option. I wouldn’t go that far to chose whatever community
> wants. Would be impossible.
> </cite>
>
> The part between "" is key for me, we expect mageia don't repeat the
> mistakes of mandriva  , may be at this time there is not a tool to
> manage votes from community and you have to do in the way you do the
> things with logo process.

Well, the point is, if the selection process wasn't good enough, why
didn't anyone who had that point of view speak up _before_ the final
decision was made? everything was posted clearly on this mailing list
long before that decision was made...

> But i think a tread in mailing list or even a dedicated mailing list
> for receive votes for logos was fit very well as poll tool :)

There's already a dedicated app for that, Epoll.

--
Ahmad Samir