[Mageia-discuss] help from kde forums

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 23:02:02 CET 2010

On 19 September 2010 17:54, Jerome Quelin <jquelin at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> here's a mail that i received from anne wilson, of kde's fame:
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Anne Wilson <annew at kde.org> -----
>
>> Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 18:57:14 +0100
>> From: Anne Wilson <annew at kde.org>
>> To: jquelin at gmail.com
>> Subject: Mageia
>>
>> I'm no longer subscribed to the Mandriva mailing lists, but a friend forwards
>> interesting messages to me.  Two of my family still run Mandriva (I maintain
>> their systems) and I hope to have another convert soon.  The recent news about
>> Mandriva has been a blow to me.  I cut my Linux teeth on Mandrake 8.x.  When
>> the call for members to invest, I was there.  I was one of the original club
>> members.  It felt like the end of a long story, for me.
>>
>> So, to the reason for this email.  I see you have got your IRC channels set
>> up.  Consider having a forum on forum.kde.org - the admins are helpful and
>> welcoming.  I'm the de facto maintainer of content on UserBase (see my sig),
>> so ping me when ever you want Mageia specifics mentioning there.
>>
>> Good luck to you all.  I'll be watching.
>>
>> Anne
>> --
>> KDE Community Working Group
>> New to KDE Software? - get help from http://userbase.kde.org
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----
>
> so, for our forum overlords in here - this may be interesting to take
> that into account.
>
> jérôme
> --
> jquelin at gmail.com

I guess a sub-forum for a KDE app might fit in forum.kde.org; but not
for a full fledged distro...

The forum of a distro will get posts about all sorts of software
(other DE's, kernel, hardware, drakxtools... etc), not just
kde-related problems. So I don't think sub-forum in forum.kde.org will
do it for a distro (just my humble 0.02€ worth).

--
Ahmad Samir