[Mageia-discuss] Habemus logo

Giuseppe Ghibò ghibomgx at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 15:42:09 CET 2010

Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> I want to point to skiper's blog, who gave the whole "Logo" issue some
> thought. It is titled, "Mageia logo - I don't like it".
>
> But what he writes is very different from the usual "I don't like it,
> it's ugly" posts. I explains in detail why he does not like it and why
> he thinks it is not a good choice based on objective reasons. Although
> I do not share his opinion I want to give credit to him because he did
> not just complain, he put some thinking and time into explaining his
> opinion.
>
> BTW: He explicitely states that he does not complain about the
> decision finding process.
>
>  http://skiperdrake.wordpress.com/2010/12/11/mageia-logo-i-am-not-happy-with-it/
>
> Good reading, even if it is not my opinion :)

Yep, good reading, but IMHO a logo it's just a logo, though I had
preferred it to be more refined or cool too. But I think there is room
for 3D improvements maybe. At the first sight such logo appeared to me
as a "fish". Regarding the comments, the logo is something which should
immediately represent a product or a brand (even if you don't attach a
script), that's because called logo. The compass based logo sound cool,
but IMHO it represent at first sight a well painted compass.

Anyway once you see the logo several times at once you'll soon identify
it with the product. IMHO this is the power of a logo. A good experiment
could be: take all the distro logo (e.g. from distrowatch) in random
order then try to identify to which brand they own...

Bye
Giuseppe.