[Mageia-discuss] a cross-distribution meeting about software installers

P. Christeas p_christ at hol.gr
Sun Jan 9 20:21:51 CET 2011

On Sunday 09 January 2011, Samuel Verschelde wrote:
> Hi,
> Here is how Vincent presents the project :
>
> Blue-sky goals:
>     * agree on a common UI to install applications
>     * agree on what metadata to use, how to generate it, where to host it
>     * agree on a protocol to use to provide non-static metadata (featured
> apps, ratings, comments, etc.)
>     * decide what metadata can be shared between distros, and what should
> stay distro-specific (eg: do we want user comments to be shared?)

Well, this is great news!
It seems I'm not the only one thinking about cross-distro development inside
the Linux ecosystem.

I hope it opens everybody's eyes on the collaboration issue.

Let me suggest: could you agree to continue the conversation in FOSDEM? I
guess, after your efficient meeting in Nuernberg, we could have a wider (and
perhaps more noisy, too) chat in Brussels.

--
Say NO to spam and viruses. Stop using Microsoft Windows!