[Mageia-discuss] [LONG] yesterday meeting logs, and board election at fosdem

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 10:48:31 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 01:05, Maarten Vanraes
<maarten.vanraes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Op woensdag 12 januari 2011 00:27:26 schreef Michael Scherer:
>> >
>> > Can people be part of both the board and the council (except the chair of
>> > course) ?
>>
>> That's a good question that I intentionally left unanswered because i
>> wanted to see if people read my mail :p
>>
>> No in fact, I do not have the answer, but I also ask it myself.
>>
>> I know that we specified that peoples could not be leader of 2 teams
>> ( for reason of workload, and to avoid bus error ), or something like
>> that, but I am not sure for the board and council.
>>
>> I think there will likely be people on both at least on the start, and
>> if I were to decide, I would not forbid it, but for the sake of
>> spreading work, and reducing risk ( in case someone must step down for
>> any reason ), it should be a best practice to not be on both.
>>
>> Maybe Romain can enlighten here ?

No opinion. I'd leave this open and see how it goes if it happens. The
main issue I could see is too high a workload on a single head and not
being focused enough on important parts. But it need some experience
to see if it does occur to be an issue.

By the way:
 - if someone was to step down from the Board (for any reason),
there's a provision allowing Board members to get a temporary
replacement - until next election;
 - if someone was to step down from the Council, it would be up to the
team to decide who goes there (temporarily, this could be the team
leader, waiting for an election).

> I think since that association members come from council; that it's only
> logical that they don't step down from the council.

Council is supposed to be renewed every year and you may (or not) be
renewed but you will be/stay a member of the association anyway.

> and it could be that they are in board as well that same year. and since
> board is renewed anyway, personally i see no troubles here.

Romain