[Mageia-discuss] Fwd: Results of the App Installer Meeting

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 23:27:15 CET 2011

Op donderdag 27 januari 2011 21:34:23 schreef Samuel Verschelde:
> Le jeudi 27 janvier 2011 21:09:21, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> > Hi, could you ask for a small editorial edit?
> >
> > Samuel: We already agreed that we would like the current Ubuntu Software
> > Center to be improved and used in various distributions.
> >
> > the "We" here stands for people at that meeting, while due to the leading
> > questions it seems you tell them "We(Mageia) already agreed ...".
> >
> > out of context ripping is dangerous.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Maarten
>
> I could ask, but do you think there is a real danger of mis-interpretation
> ? I said "used in various distributions" and not "used in Mageia", so this
> is a strong hint that I'm talking about the meeting in Nuremberg, to me.
>
> But if you really feel it necessary, I can try to ask for a little
> modification (not easy, because the same sentence is already in 3
> different places, once in the full story, twice in the interview).
>
> Regards
>
> Samuel

I'll leave it to your decision; but as a reader (and due to the way the
interview "headlines" were picked out and positioned), it looked to me that
the first part was about meeting, second part on mageia, and third part back on
meeting.

possibly if an editorial note in the interview only below the 2nd "Headline",
it could be noted that you're referring to the meeting and not official position
of mageia (even though that has been said plenty of times on the interview
already)

but you choose, i just say what it looked like to me. but i could very well be
the only one who sees it that way.

Regards,

Maarten