[Mageia-discuss] Contributing Howto : need help

Hoyt Duff hoytduff at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 17:46:11 CET 2011

On 2/10/11, Olivier Thauvin <nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org> wrote:
> * Samuel Verschelde (stormi at laposte.net) wrote:
>>
>> Le jeudi 10 février 2011 12:35:56, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
>> > And now, what did the English do in those 1000 years of relationship
>> > between France and England? They adopted the worst (french parts of
>> > the language) and rejected the best: the french cuisine (well, any
>> > kind of cuisine). :)
>>
>> They adopted the french cuisine... word. :)
>
> Sure, Britain like our "cuisine".
>
> We all know the famous english cookbook, inspired by french:
> "How to cook a virgin, Rouen method" tested the 30 May 1431 :)
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_of_Arc
>

>> Samuel
>>
> --
>
> Olivier Thauvin
> CNRS  -  LATMOS
> ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖

Can we keep this old and tired French vs. English vs .whatever
diatribe out of Mageia discussions?

At best it's merely friendly jibes (and I realize the humour has a
long history and tradition) ; at worst it's ugly bigotry and
egocentrism (which also has a long history). I find it difficult to
believe that it has any place in making Mageia a community. I'm not
advocating political correctness or criticising those who espouse it,
I just believe it has more appropriate places to exist than in the
Mageia community.

I'm certain everybody is proud of their cultural heritage and history,
but this expression of it contributed to making me stop participating
in the editing of Mandrake docs after version 7.x.

--
Hoyt