[Mageia-discuss] A name for mageia-app-db

Rémi Verschelde rverschelde at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 14:59:43 CET 2011

2011/2/12 Catalin Florin RUSSEN <cfrussen at yahoo.co.uk>:
>> What may be a suitable  greek word?
>

> Agora is the Greek word for market.
>
> Let's try: Magoraphoria (Mageia + agora + euphoria)
>
> or Magic Agora (dunno, got a fix with "magic" and sparkles)

I love "agora", which doesn't have the consumerist connotation that market has.
To me, agora sounds more like the latin "forum", a place to meet,
share and collaborate.

Just "Agora" could be nice, this way we could have "Mageia Agora" as
well "Debian Agora", "OpenSUSE Agora", aso.

Another greek word which could define mageia-app-db : ἀποθήκη
(apothēkē), which means "repository, storehouse" according to the
wiktionary. The name could be "Apotheke", "Apotheca" (latin spelling),
or "AppOtheke" :)

Rémi