[Mageia-discuss] A name for mageia-app-db

Hoyt Duff hoytduff at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 17:39:07 CET 2011

On 2/11/11, Catalin Florin RUSSEN <cfrussen at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>> except  mageia-app-db 's purpose is not to be an app installer, iinm.
>>
>> the  AppInstall application is fine for that.
>>
>> This is sort of a reference for  packages (and applications).. therefor:
>> Kitchen sounds good to me, it has a  cauldron, and products
>
> Kitchen is technically where you keep the cauldron, that will be more of the
> server's room :)

"Kitchen" also carries a sense of family and community, where friends
and relatives gather to share their lives, exchange and explore new
ideas and learn from each other. The metaphor works well with what I
understand the concept of mageia-app-database to be. There are
ingredients (applications), cookbooks (HOWTOs), pantry (repositories)
and so on.

I like the idea of "The Mageia Kitchen".

--
Hoyt