[Mageia-discuss] First impressions

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 20:03:54 CET 2011

Op woensdag 16 februari 2011 16:00:47 schreef Michael Scherer:
> Le mardi 15 février 2011 à 23:02 +0100, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> > Op dinsdag 15 februari 2011 21:43:30 schreef Daniel Kreuter:
> > > in the errata is written that you should use virtualbox version 4.x and
> > > with that version everything works fine.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > I know that, i'm just theorizing that since version 3 is available on mdv
> > 2010.1 (for our upgrade path), perhaps some kind of compatibility would
> > be nice (it doesn't have to be by default, i would be happy with a vbox3
> > separate version.
>
> The upgrade path as nothing to do with having vbox version 3.
>
> The upgrade path mean "you can use a mandriva 2010.1 as a basis to
> upgrade" not "you can use any virtualisation rpm of mandriva 2010.1 to
> run the alpha or the stable".

i am fully aware of that, however, i fear alot of people testing this will not
have vbox4 yet and will complain about it. and if you look a bit below in this
thread, you'll see it's already started.

i would like to have either a vboxvideo3 or a vesa detection workaround in the
installer, by the time we release.