[Mageia-discuss] Mageia on VBox 3

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 23:16:06 CET 2011

Op woensdag 16 februari 2011 23:01:35 schreef Ahmad Samir:
> On 16 February 2011 23:37, Lucien XU <sfietkonstantin at free.fr> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have catched a bit of information on IRC, that may interest everybody.
> > Those who have VBox 3 and want to test Mageia can setup their X server to
> > use vesa drivers. (Boot using the second option that drop you in a
> > shell, edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf with vi and that's ok !)
>
> Well, it's easier to just install virtualbox-4.0.2 and
> dkms-virtualbox-4.0.2 from the main/backports repo in Mandriva 2010.0
> and 2010.1 (assuming you're talking about a Mandriva install).
>
> > Mageia is running perfectly using this option, but there is no mouse
> > integration ...
> >
> > Hope that it is useful
>
> Well, the guy, AL13N, said that mouse integration works (I wouldn't
> have guessed it would work... :)).

i have mouse integration working fine, shared clipboard doesn't work however.
and of course the fluid resizing doesn't work either, but that's normal

there is a separate x11 driver for vboxvideo and for mouseintegration.

afaics there is normally compatibility code in guest additions so it can
normally run on older hosts