[Mageia-discuss] No First impressions yet on mageia...download mirrors have they're own will and are not letting me to download mageia

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 18 20:53:42 CET 2011

"Cazacu Bogdan" <cazacu.bogdan at gmail.com> schrieb am 18.02.2011
> Can anyone provide a more faster stable download link? I think im
> the only one that didn’t get mageia yet... :( :( :(
Have you tried this one:
ftp://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/Mageia/iso/cauldron/
Or ftp://ftp.mandrivauser.de/mirrors/Mageia/iso/cauldron/ ?
I've never heard of anyone having problems with mandrivauser.de, now
that the initial storm of Downloads is over.
The server in Esslingen has a bandwidth of 2Gbit, what should be quite
fine...

> (I just wish a had the money to buy myself another pc and transform
> it into a mirror for eastern Europe mainly)
Aren't there any universities near you, you could ask to set up a
mirror? I asked Esslingen just yesterday in the morning and the first
reply was: "Oh yes, why not, just give us info!"

Oliver