[Mageia-discuss] Libreoffice 3.3.1.2 and mageia

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Wed Feb 23 10:23:06 CET 2011

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 08:01:37 pm Dexter Morgan wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws at hotkey.net.au>
wrote:
> > On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 07:25:48 pm Juergen Harms wrote:
> >> Works like a charm - behaviour practically identical to OO (and it comes
> >> already with a link from /usr/bin/ooffice to /usr/bin/libreoffice).
> >>
> >> Reply to my question - I simply tried copying configuration files: that
> >> works, I copied the files .../user/gallery (customized pictures) and
> >> .../user/template (template files).
> >>
> >> The guy from Brazil is really wrong: the quality and reliability of
> >> Mageia alpha (given the packages that are still outstanding) can be
> >> compared to that of Mandriva release candidates.
> >>
> >> Juergen
> >
> > Many of the RPMs still show in the Description: "This is an officially
> > supported Mandriva package."  If they are simply re-branded, then they
> > should indeed be as good as a stable Mandriva release.
> >
> > Doug.
>
> this is an issue of rpmdrake, that should be fixed with rpmdrake
> latest release.  Do you have updated cauldron to latest rpm or still
> use the one from the alpha1 iso ?

I saw the latest rpmdrake come down when I installed libreoffice.  I may be
talking from before then.  Still running Mandriva 2010.2 as my regular system
(although I almost don't need to.)  I assumed that the description was part of
each package and will take time.  All that I was saying was, that the packages
have a good pedigree; if anything doesn't work as it should, it won't be the
packages themselves.  I didn't see the comment from "the guy from Brazil," but
I will form my own assessment.

Doug.