[Mageia-discuss] Linux is a KERNEL not an OS
ajunior at brasifort.com.br
Wed Mar 2 14:28:27 CET 2011
I think that discussion is unecessary. I'll explain my humble opinion:
1. We're not obliged to call our distribuition of GNU/Linux. Today the
Distribuitions use many tools that not developed by GNU project, so call the
Mageia of "Mageia GNU/Linux" is forget all others great tools.
2. I think that we free for called our distro with reference in kernel used,
Linux in this case. I understand that Mageia Linux is valid because we
intend to make clear to interested that our distribution uses the Linux
3. I don't think it's belittle the GNU Project and/or others tools included
4. But I reconize that work of GNU Project was and is essencially and
necessary for all Linux distribuition.
5. I take this moment to congratulate the GNU Project for all work realized.
Adjamilton "Júnior Almeida".
i18n pt_BR Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mageia-discuss