[Mageia-discuss] Fwd: Sound in Mageia?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 3 23:51:30 CET 2011

D**** reply hell!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com>
Date: 2011/3/3
Subject: Re: [Mageia-discuss] Sound in Mageia?
To: Maarten Vanraes <maarten.vanraes at gmail.com>

I looked into rpmdrake and just for a chance I searched for "pulse" -
task-pulseaudio was not installed. I marked it for installation and 17
packages were installed as dependencies! I also recognized that
/etc/pulse/system.pa was completely missing.
After a reboot I had to make a change in the speaker configuration of
phonon (via KDE config tool) and Ho! - Then there was sound! :)

Looks like something at installation time went wrong (see point #1 in
my previous mail).

Thx all for your time and efforts

--
wobo