[Mageia-discuss] Unable to add Core Release repo.

Dwight Paige dwight.paige at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 00:47:40 CET 2011

On 03/06/2011 04:53 PM, Balcaen John wrote:

> [...]
> The mirror is probably out of sync simply with a temporary « broken » hdlist.
>
> Regards,

Thanks, but it was me being dense or Mardi Gras hangover...  I got up
installed Mageia and went to add repos with drakconf 'Full set of
repositories' which did not work. This did work:

# urpmi.addmedia --distrib
ftp://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/Mageia/distrib/cauldron/x86_64

and I'm rolling in Mageia. So for seems darn stable for a 'Pre-Alpha'.
Thanks to all for the good work. Looking forward to Alpha 2. And will
save the Alpha 1 DVD for posterity.

I tried openSuSE 11.4 RC 2 recently and I'm having more fun in Mageia.
But then I am a Mandrivaphile.

Dwight

FWIW: And so spellcheck actually thinks Mandrivaphile is a word? Who knew?