[Mageia-discuss] Sound in Mageia?

Pierre Jarillon jarillon at abul.org
Wed Mar 9 19:47:28 CET 2011

Le vendredi 4 mars 2011 19:46:31, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> Op vrijdag 04 maart 2011 10:03:30 schreef Michael Scherer:
> > >
> > > it is odd, because i tried a laptop installation and the sound worked,
> > > (allthough i was just too quiet).
> > >
> > > i also have the snd_hda_intel driver
> >
> > Given the fact that hda is a specification rather than a type of
> > hardware ( http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/hdaudio.htm ), it is
> > quite unsurprising to have different result with different hardware.
>
> yes, that is true, snd_hda_intel loads another codec module.
>
> except, how would this be related to "sound after install without
>  installing pulse-task-audio" because this is only a kernel module
>  difference, afaik?

I have the same problem. Sound was working with alpha1 but after the las t
updates, it is mute.
I use a Midiman Delta 44 which uses snd_ice1712
The on-board card uses

$ play /usr/share/sounds/KDE-Im-Cant-Connect.ogg
ALSA lib pulse.c:229:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect: Connection
refused
play FAIL formats: can't open output file `default': snd_pcm_open error:
Connection refused

Where can I found the synoptic of the sound system in mageia? It is now so
complicated that it is difficult to help to make a good bug report and, of
course, a patch.

--
Pierre Jarillon - http://pjarillon.free.fr/
Vice-président de l'ABUL : http://abul.org/