[Mageia-discuss] Icons on kde desktop

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 05:31:19 CEST 2011

On Mon, 04 Apr 2011 23:11:20 -0400, Ahmad Samir <ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com> wrote:

> plasma-applet-folderview is required by task-kde4-minimal, maybe you
> should make sure you have task-kde4-minimal installed :)

I do now! :-).  Thanks.

/root/drakx/ddebug.log has
* trans: scheduling removal of plasma-applet-folderview-4.4.3-7mdv2010.1.i586
* trans: scheduling removal of task-kde4-minimal-4.4.3-1mdv2010.1.noarch

It seems that with those packages not on the alpha2 iso, the Mandriva
packages got removed during the initial install.  That seems like a
problem for upgrades.

As I did an upgrade, rather then a clean install, I didn't pay much attention
to what rpm packages were available on the iso.

I'm not clear on why those packages got removed yet many others, like
kate, did not.

Regards, Dave Hodgins