[Mageia-discuss] Installing from hard drive

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Thu Apr 14 05:10:04 CEST 2011

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 02:10:50 pm mageia-discuss-request at mageia.org wrote:
> My ISO of Beta1 finished downloading last night, and I have confirmed that
> I can  boot and install from it using the procedure at
> http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Docs/Installing_Mandriva_Linux#Installation_fro
> m_hard_disk
>
> This gave me successive directory listings to navigate to the location of
> the  ISO.
>
> I forgot to back up lspcidrake, so aborted the installation during the
> step  "finding available packages."  The applet has just told me that the
> media for urpmi have been wiped, which is normal.  No issues so far.
>
> Doug.

I did a Mandriva upgrade and to restore my package lists and tried a full
uninstall that way.  It aborted when it couldn't uninstall a package from a
small non-Mandriva repo I had disabled.

I restored my system, removed the package and tried again.  This one  was very
slow (perhaps normal) and failed to install 2/3 of the packages.  Nevertheless
it went through the bootloader and config stages and was able to reboot into
level 3.  I saw most of KDE being installed, but X couldn't run. It seems
hardly useful as a bug report.  If it is really a bug, somebody else will have
it in more detail.  I will try again from the DVD.  That at least will follow
what was asked for.  If you want a bug report, what should it contain?

Back on my old Mandriva 2010.2.

Doug.