[Mageia-discuss] easy urpmi for mageia?

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Thu Apr 14 14:52:25 CEST 2011

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011, Otto wrote:

> easy urpmi for mageia (for non-free softwares)
>
> hi, mageia buddies,
>
> For anyone who is testing the mageia which It is a fork of the mandriva
> linux finds it difficult to install certain programs such as the non-free
> softwares for instance opera browser, sun java, adobe acrobat, etc ... But I
> tried a very easy solution that worked for me and I left the mageia
> "chubby". Just install the media available in the Mandriva Intenational
> Backports (easy urpmi) at http://urpmi.mandriva.ru/

Hello,

The Mandriva International Backports are packages created for Mandriva.
So they may work by chance on Mageia, or they may break everything.
And it is of course not supported by Mageia.

It is not recommanded to use packages repositories created for other
distribution as it may introduce problems.

If you think some packages are missing on Mageia repositories, you can
open bug reports on https://bugs.mageia.org/, in component "New RPM
packages requests".