[Mageia-discuss] Upgrade fail on both i586 and x86_64
Juergen.Harms at unige.ch
Sat May 21 23:28:18 CEST 2011
I joined the club and did an upgrade from an up-to-date Mandriva 2010.2
system with a customized KDE user (Laptop Dell Latitude D820).
The update went smoothly, but took ages (an install on my laptop takes
about 15 minutes, the update took about 45 minutes).
Some minor glitches during installation:
- the install messed up my country settings - changed my setting
(Austria) to US
- the update concluded with the following error message:
1 installation transaction failed:file /usr/bin/rcp from install of
krb5-appl-clients-1.0.1-1.mga1.i586 conflicts with file from package
(the problem is evident - no problem for me - I do not use the krb5
server package any more, should be dropped if I would continue with mdv)
No problem at boot and system usage
- some minor problems in KDE (wrong localisation and time display
format, probably a consequence of the system install glitch
- the KDE control center looks a real mess in my customized user
environment (grouping of configuration components weird); I tried
with a fresh user - there the KCC is the one I ordinarily get in
- the customisation of the menubar of mozilla got broken.
I did not do much checking - just wanted to do to improve upgrade
More information about the Mageia-discuss