[Mageia-discuss] Easyurpmi forMageia ?

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Sun May 22 09:00:51 CEST 2011

On Sat, 21 May 2011 23:51:40 -0400, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:

> My reason was not to add PLF or any other repo (MUD or other). My main
> reason was my dislike of the %MIRRORLIST system of Mandriva, you could
> get connected to a very slow mirror or even to one which was not
> uptodate without urpmi being able to switch to another mirror during

I ran into that with ibiblio.org, which on the 19th didn't have any
files newer than the 15th.

The solution is to use drakrpm-edit-media to delete all repositories,
and then run
urpmi.addmedia --distrib http://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/Mageia/distrib/cauldron/i586
replacing the url with the mirror of your choice.  The mirror urls can
be found in /var/cache/urpmi/mirrors.cache

Regards, Dave Hodgins