[Mageia-discuss] Upgrade with Mandriva 2010.2 to Mageia RC

Franklin Weng franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Mon May 23 05:34:44 CEST 2011

2011/5/23 Luan Pham <pham182b at gmail.com>:
> Yesterday I decide to reinstall MDV 2010.2 for both Laptop using i586 and
> x86_64 release.  The upgrade take about over one hours to complete, but it
> able to complete sucessfuly.   Only hardware issued with kernel 2.6.38.2 have
> problem with out of date Broadcom Wifi firmware out of date problem, and other
> then that I had no other hardware issued.  I was able to fix the wifi firmware
> problem.

I upgraded my Mdv 2010.2 to Mageia 1 RC last Friday.

No big issues, just:

* The X resolution is kind of strange.  The bottom of my KDE desktop
was gone.  I tried to change the resolution in my X settings but
nothing changed.  Now I changed a screen (to let it detect the screen
resolution automatically).  The bottom of the KDE desktop was still
gone (my original panel), but at least the applications would not be
launched at that position.
* Now I have two notification bubble everytime my KDE wants to note me
something.

But it could still work.  The Mageia system is running fine in my PC now.

Franklin