[Mageia-discuss] Rhythmbox versus Banshee

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed May 25 10:09:30 CEST 2011

Le mercredi 25 mai 2011 à 08:42 +0200, Dexter Morgan a écrit :
> 2011/5/25 Chopin Sébastien <contact at sebastienchopin.fr>:
> > Bonjour,
> >
> > Ubuntu a troqué rhythmbox pour Banshee comme lecteur audio gnome gtk. Ayant
> > longuement testé les deux, ma préférence va à Banshee. Est-ce que Mandriva
> > fera ce choix ? Pour ou contre ?
> >
> > Sébastien
> >

> For mandriva we can't tell :)   but for mageia this is something that
> need to be asked to users, put on a poll,  but the question is "not
> closed"

Well, a poll will not be representative of anything.
The question should better be suited in "what feature are present that
would requires a switch", and "what would it change in term of
ressources".

Using banshee by default would pull mono on the livecd, and while I have
nothing against mono by itself, it would take 20 mo of space that would
have to be freed.
--
Michael Scherer