[Mageia-discuss] I keep failing to build live USB with unetbootin

You-Cheng Hsieh yochenhsieh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 10:21:38 CEST 2011

2011/6/3 Franklin Weng <franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw>:
> Hi,
>
> I tried many times, but still failed to build live USB with unetbootin.
>
> All the processes in unetbootin were done.  I used livecd-kDE4 iso and
> all the files were written into USB successfully.
>
> However when booting with USB it always told me not able to boot.
>
> Did anyone succeed in creating mageia live USB?  Would you please
> share your method?

Mandriva One are known to not work with unetbootin, I suppose Mageia
is the same.

You can try it with MandrivaSeed, which is available in the iso
directory of Mandriva 2010.0:
http://ftp.twaren.net/Linux/Mandrake/official/iso/2010.0/

Or use dd to do the task:
dd if=FILENAME.iso of=/dev/sdX
and change 'SDX' to correct device of your USB key.