[Mageia-discuss] User support mailing list?

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Sat Jun 4 21:51:49 CEST 2011

Le 2011-06-04 15:27, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
> 2011/6/4 Hugo Berus<hugo.berus at gmail.com>:
>> On 4 June 2011 17:09, Dimitrios Glentadakis<dglent at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Also there is the solution to follow all or part of a forum with rss.
>>>
>>> I prefers rss as:
>>> it does nt stress as the email,
>>> i can follow everything,
>>> i can click on the title to see the text if the title interesting me. In forum i have to click on a subject but it takes a lot of time to see the topic in a new page
>>
>> Yes indeed, I also like mailing lists for their simplicity and speed.
>> RSS is good to follow a forum.
>>
>> Another suggestion I would like to make is mailing list integration.
>> An email to the mailing list would also be posted on the forum and a
>> posting on the forum gets also posted on the mailing list. A
>> forum/mailing list like described is for example the Nginx forum
>> http://forum.nginx.org/ ,although that one is based on phorum and not
>> phpbb like Magiea's forum.
>>
>> A google search showed two options for mailing list integration with phpbb:
>> 1) m2f (mail2forum) http://mail2forum.com/
>> 2) foum-mailing list bridge
>> http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2099210&start=15
>>
>> (disclaimer: I have never set up a phpbb forum or any other forum, so
>> I have no idea if those modules work. I am just a user.)
>
> There's already a mailinglist2forum bridge in place by a 3rd party:
> http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/

For comparison's sake, the LibreOffice mailists[1] all operate this way,
the mailists are bridged to GMane, forums (Nabble Gateway) this offers
great flexibility with our different teams. IRC is available as well. I
have to say that by covering all communication bases this way, the
LibreOffice teams have been able to make great headway in the very few
months of its existence. I am very impressed at how few complaints there
have been of the communication process just by having covered all of
these forms right from the very start.

Taking a look at this setup may be of interest.

Marc
LibreOffice marketing team member