[Mageia-discuss] No USB with VirtualBox on Mageia?

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Mon Jun 6 12:10:34 CEST 2011

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 08:00:03 PM mageia-discuss-request at mageia.org wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 06:37:34 PM mageia-discuss-request at mageia.org wrote:
> > >   So if one installs Mageia's VBox and the extension pack,  USB will
> > >
> > > then be available?
> >

> > It should be, and is working for most people.
> >

> > The host Virtual box/extension pack, and the guest additions must all
> > match version numbers.
> >

> > On the one system (an upgrade from Mandriva 2010.2 to Mageia beta 2
> > then updated via urpmi to final), I had to add the .conf file under
> > /etc/ld.so.conf.d, to get it to work.  Seems most systems do not
> > need that.
> >

> > Regards, Dave Hodgins
>
> I did that as well.
>
> I have had to reinstall my Mageia system.  Somehow, installing Ubuntu on a
> spare partition trashed it.  I will try again, just in case there was a bug
> in  my system.
>
> Doug Laidlaw.
>
> P.S.: I am not looking forward to wrestling with Grub2.

I found the correct version of libcrypto among my Adobe Reader files in /opt.

I have reinstalled the latest VirtualBox.  I have installed the extension pack
several times, but it isn't recognized.The Windows guest runs happily but
doesn't make the two USB devices available as it should.  The Ubuntu guest
crashes with a message that it was last closed down with USB 2.0 enabled and I
need to install the extension pack -- or disable USB 2.0 in its config somehow.

I did have the config file that Dave mentioned, but now I can't find the
reference.

Ready to give up.

Doug.