[Mageia-discuss] User support mailing list?

Maât maat-ml at vilarem.net
Mon Jun 6 13:57:59 CEST 2011

 On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 13:42:48 +0200, Hugo Berus wrote:
> On 6 June 2011 12:45, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>> 2011/6/6 Hugo Berus <hugo.berus at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> So, that leaves us with a couple of simple options:
>>> 1) add the words "user support" to the description of this list.
>>> 2) create a "mageia-user" ml aimed at user support.
>>> 3) leave it as it is and tell people who come to this list with
>>> user
>>> support questions to go to the forum.
>>>
>>> The third option is really not what I am looking forward to see on
>>> this list.
>>
>> Agreed. I think this will come automatically with time. There may be
>> the occasional question but in the long run I do not expect this
>> list
>> overwhelmed with user support questions. That's why I vote for "not
>> necessary" in the question about an extra support list.
>>
>> In short: we should do nothing. :)
>
> Ok, but still help people if they would come along instead of forcing
> them to go a forum.

 Just a quick tip : forums have RSS enabled so that you can setup the
 rss client with thunderbird or whatever your mail client is to follow
 discussions exactly the same way you'd do for a mailing list (iow
 without having to load huge forum pages)

 And you can even subscribe to only sub-parts (just basic support, or
 just cauldron, or community, or news... or just a specific topic) or sub
 categories (just new topics)...

 :)