[Mageia-discuss] Forum or mailing list

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 14:03:55 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 13:52, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Before integrating a search mask for "Google search in the forum" you
> want to "beauty-fy the output", do I understand that correctly?
> Then my question is: why is there a need to "pimp" it?

That's not a deep need, neither pimp. That's a very small suggestion
for improvement.

For instance, all answers from Google are titled:
 * either as "Mageia forum • View forum • {forum name}" which is not
necessary as people most likely search for a specific subject, rather
than a sub-forum - so we may as well remove these from the index.
 * either as "Mageia forum • View topic • {topic name}" which is way
less easier to read/catch than "{topic name} - Mageia forum" where the
actual interesting eye-catch is at the beginning of the line.

Notwithstanding with other ranking issues that may be into account,
but I would let this to people more index-improvement-best-practice
expert than me.

Romain