[Mageia-discuss] Worth reading: Mozilla: Enterprise has never been a focus of ours

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Tue Jun 28 03:45:25 CEST 2011

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU a écrit :
> Speaking of FF5:
> http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/desktop-apps/2011/06/24/mozilla-enterprise-has-never-been-a-focus-of-ours-40093220/
>
> Notice the reply from M$.
>
> Cheers,
> R-C aka beranger
> (a FF user and also a FF hater)

To me it's a mostly version numbering problem.
For FF itself, there are some feature updates, but only a few, which Mozilla says are
thoroughly tested.
Complementory modules are automatically updated, if they don't use any features that
have changed.
If they do, the module is disabled the first time FF is run after the update.
The developers of these modules are notified by email, including information on the
affected features and how to correct.
If one is using one of the disabled modules, that could presumably require reverting.
The biggest problem is immediately ending security support for older versions.  If one
is using a module which had been disabled in the latest release.

Glad I'm using Seamonkey.  They're not changing their release policy.
They also don't need as many external modules, as more functions are integrated.

--
André