[Mageia-discuss] mageiaupdate and the list of updates

Renaud MICHEL r.h.michel+mageia at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 14:27:57 CEST 2011

On samedi 02 juillet 2011 at 12:02, Rémi Verschelde wrote :
> Would it be possible to add a "Skip update" option in MageiaUpdate?
> Like, right-click on an update, "Skip update" and it disappears from
> the list. This would modify the skip file you are talking about, and
> experienced users could revert the skipping thanks to that file.

Maybe, but then you must put the full name with version and release in the
skip list, because if you put only the package name you will also ignore the
other updates, which might be more important.

Also, the skip.list file will then grow with exclusions which become useless
as new updates are available.
I don't know if having hundreds of lines in skip.list can slow down urpmi
significantly?

--
Renaud Michel