[Mageia-discuss] mageiaupdate and the list of updates

TJ andrewsfarm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 03:05:21 CEST 2011

On 07/03/2011 04:51 AM, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Jul 2011 06:37:09 PM mageia-discuss-request at mageia.org wrote:
>> So, not upgrading isn't an option? Saying no isn't possible? I can't
>> just do it later?
>>
>> --
>> He's just a politician trying to save both his faces...
>> ----------------------
>> Mageia release 1 (Official) for x86_64
>> 2.6.38.7-desktop-1.mga x86_64
>
> This thread started because somebody was too lazy to enter his password before
> seeing the list of updates.  The above comment suggests that the tone of the
> thread never got above that level.
>
> Does anybody know why the thread is continuing?
>
> Doug.

I don't understand it either, Doug. If he doesn't want to enter a
password, all he has to do is set it that way in MCC.

Personally, I think he's idiotic. Let just anybody do updates? Not me.
Mageia, like Mandriva, sets the update password to the user password.
One of the first things I do is set it to the root password.

TJ