[Mageia-discuss] HP printing issue

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Wed Jul 6 06:53:34 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 11:52:22PM -0400, TJ wrote:
>I have an Officejet 6110 with the duplexer attachment. The way it's
>supposed to work to print a multipage document using that duplexer,
>the first page prints, the printer pauses to let the ink dry, and
>then draws the paper back into the duplexer where it is "flipped"
>over so the other side is presented to the print head for the second
>page. At the end of the second page the paper is put into the "out"
>tray.
>
>If I'm printing a job with an even number of pages, all works fine.
>But, if the job has an odd number of pages, that last odd page will
>be drawn back into the duplexer - and it stays there. Every time.
>Mageia says the job is done, but the printer says it isn't. Using the
>cancel button on the printer does nothing. To get the paper to eject,
>I have to cycle the power button on the printer.
>
>Having little knowledge of the guts of this stuff, I have no idea if
>this is a HPLIP issue, a CUPS issue, or something else altogether. I
>see that Mageia uses hplip 3.11.3a. I had the same problem with
>Mandriva 2010.1/2, using hplip 3.10.2. I did not have it with earlier
>Mandrivas.

Hi TJ,

Sounds like this is worthy of a report on our bug tracking system so it
won't get lost. http://bugs.mageia.org/ is the place to go. Your report is
clear enough to be the basis for a good bug report. Hopefully members of
the bugsquad team will know the appropiate package to file the report
against or forward your report upstream.

Sincerely,

Remco