[Mageia-discuss] Gimp printing

Gary Montalbine gmontalbine at cox.net
Sat Aug 20 13:35:38 CEST 2011

On 08/19/2011 11:09 PM, Balcaen John wrote:
> Le Vendredi 19 Août 2011 22:59:39 Gary Montalbine a écrit :
>> I mentioned previously that gimp and print assistant did not print the
>> image as shown in gimp. It was redder and darker. I went back to
>> ML2010.2 and colors match. When I reinstalled ML I was asked if I
>> wanted to install a proprietary driver for my video card. I said yes.
>> I don't remember seeing this in mageia. Would that make a difference
>> in my print quality?
> It should not make any difference to use a proprietary driver or not (but
> you can of course install one on Mageia if you want.
>
> Regarding printing maybe it's related to a misconfiguration of the
> printer (like a wrong color profile used )
>
> Regards,

I am strictly a user. Any printer setup has to be program related. I use
both MCC > printer and HP device manager to check it. I know nothing of
color profiles. The install program needs to do what is necessary to
make it work properly. At this point I am forced to stay with ML until I
have at least finished my printing. One other related printer problem in
Mageia is that when I turned the printer off the program tries to reboot
and freezes up. I have to either remove the usb plug or close my open
programs.
Thanks, Gary