[Mageia-discuss] Re : Gimp printing

Paul Simon psimon at sonic.net
Mon Aug 22 02:33:24 CEST 2011

Gary,

I've been following this thread for a while and I think you are getting into
the "color management" swamp.  I've spent a few years untangling this for
myself and suggest as a starter reading ""Real World Color Management" by
Bruce Fraser et al.  For myself, it took about five readings to understand
what I didn't know.  It begins with calibration and profiling of the monitor
with a dedicated colorimeter or spectrphotometer and then entering into the
morass of printer/paper profiling.  Color management in Linux is not as
unified as in Windows or Mac and am unsure about Linux software to interface
monitor calibration hardware.  I have had to spend about $2000 to get
results from the monitor to approach what I print.

Paul Simon
"Allan E. Registos"
<allan.registos at smpc.steniel.com.ph> wrote in
message news:c78c47df-d906-4418-9d8b-8a3fb0906307 at smpc.steniel.com.ph...