[Mageia-discuss] [Mageia-dev] hplip update in progress - feedback needed

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Wed Sep 7 15:09:55 CEST 2011

Am 07.09.2011 14:06, schrieb Doug Lytle:

> Florian Hubold wrote:
>> Laserjet, Photosmart, Officejet, whatever HP printer, any feedback is
>> appreciated!
>
> If you could point me to a webpage or wiki that describes what needs to be
> done to move from a Mageia install to cauldron, I'll go ahead and do that
> when I get out of work tonight.
>
> Doug

This should be it:
http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=cauldron
You can also use a specific mirror by using:
urpmi.addmedia --distrib
url_to_your_preferred_mirror/Mageia/distrib/cauldron/$ARCH/

so for example if you'd use the ftp.mandrivauser.de mirror, it would look like
this:

urpmi.addmedia --distrib
ftp://ftp.mandrivauser.de/mirrors/Mageia/distrib/cauldron/$ARCH

And then i'd do an urpmi --auto-update --auto again and again,
until it finally says: "your packages are up-to-date".

But remember this may break your system, so i'd rather not do this if you use
your box for production use.